Top 10 Facebook group & small business tips from 2021
Wondering what the top 10 most read Facebook Group Tip articles were for 2021?
I was, too!
Here they are:
10. How to turn on post approval on your Facebook group
In times of crisis, as Facebook group admins, we can often bear the brunt of people’s anxiety and frustrations.
I personally made the move to post approval about a year ago and have never regretted it, but I am especially happy about that decision now, during the Coronavirus pandemic. Post approval allows me to be able to proactively prevent posts that might cause problems in the group.
I highly recommend making the switch.
9. Why is it important to register your business with Google?
Registering your business with Google allows it to be found more easily in Google searches and if you have a physical location, like a store or an office, it also will show up on Google Maps.
You can use Google My Business for free to manage how your business information appears across Google, including Search and Maps.
8. 10 tips to get started as an admin of a new Facebook Group
As you may know, I have been running my own local Facebook community group since 2013. In 2015, I connected my group to an website – an online business – as a side hustle… and then about six months later, when I got unexpectedly laid off, it became my main hustle.
Starting a Facebook group can be a great way to connect a community and to make money while doing it. That being said, being an admin is not always a walk in the park. I learned many of my admin tips the hard way, and I’m sharing my best ones with you here.
7. How to fake your clients into thinking you don’t work on the weekends or late at night
I know, I know. I should NOT work on weekends and I should NOT work late at night.
Most of the time, I don’t. But sometimes, I have to.
This is one of the drawbacks of entrepreneurial life. And when I do have to work weird or weekend hours, I absolutely don’t want people to know about it. (So – SHHHH!)
6. What key email addresses should your business have when starting out?
When you’re first setting up your online business, you might need more than one email address and having those email addresses keep the same name as your domain looks much more professional.
NO: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
As you probably already know, I am a big fan of Google – and that includes Google Suite for small business emails. GSuite is economical, super easy to set up, and since most folks are familiar with the gmail interface, it’s easy to use.
5. How to spot a fake Facebook profile – and prevent them from getting into your group
Seasoned social media admins probably already have a good idea of how to spot fake Facebook accounts. However, for newer admins, it can sometimes be a little bit tricky.
Plus, the rest of us can always use a refresher because fake profiles seem to get more and more sneaky and common every day!
4. Why don’t people see my Facebook group’s pinned post every time they visit the group?
Do you get frustrated when your members ignore your post, which has been pinned for ages?
Let me explain why:
As admin, you see your pinned post every time you visit your group.
Did you know your members see something different?
3. How to hide, archive, or delete a Facebook Group
As admins, sometimes we need a break from our groups. That break could mean a few things:
- Preventing some new members from joining a group by making it hidden in Facebook’s search.
- Completely archiving the group by preventing any members from joining, posting, commenting, etc.
- Deleting a Facebook group entirely
2. What to do about Facebook group members who block admins
Group members will block you and other admins/mods. Don’t tolerate it. Make sure it is clear in your group rules that people who block the admin or the sponsoring Facebook page will be removed (then, remove them right away.) Read more.
1. The five types of Facebook group membership questions to consider
We only get to ask three questions when people join our groups, so it’s important to make sure we make the most of the information we’re getting from new group members!
Not sure which questions to ask in your group?
We know we can currently only ask three, but sometimes it’s hard to figure out what those three should be! Read more.
What other tips and tricks are you looking for more information on?
Please let us know in the comments!