2023 Thanksgiving gratitude: Why I’m thankful for being a Facebook admin
As Thanksgiving approaches, I am taking a few minutes to reflect on all the things I’m thankful for. Of course, there are the usual suspects: family, friends, health, good food, coffee, and mojitos!
But this year, there’s something else that deserves a special place on my gratitude list – being a Facebook admin!
Yes, you heard that right. This Thanksgiving, I’m counting my social media blessings, and here’s why:
1. I’m thankful for the incredible community that has gathered online on Facebook. It’s like having a digital family that’s always there to engage, share, and support one another. Whether we’re sharing memes, discussing our favorite topics, or lending a friendly ear, our Facebook community brings joy and connection to my life every day.
And honestly, I’m not just thankful for the groups that I run personally – I’m thankful for all of those helpful groups I belong to as well!
2. Memes. Yes, Memes. Memes have a special place in my heart. They’re the universal language of the internet, and I’m grateful for the endless laughter and amusement they bring. As a Facebook admin, I get to curate and share these hilarious gems on “Meme Monday,” and there’s no better feeling than seeing a well-timed meme brighten someone’s day.
This one has me cracking up repeatedly, lately:
3. Spreading knowledge: Whether it’s cooking tips, DIY projects, or the latest favorite restaurant, I’m thankful that my community group has become a hub for knowledge sharing. Being able to provide valuable information to our community and see how it positively impacts their lives is incredibly fulfilling.
4. The gift of creativity: As a Facebook admin, I get to flex my creative muscles every single day. And without creativity, I get very – blah… From crafting engaging posts to designing eye-catching graphics, to coming up with new YouTube videos and blogs about facebooking in general, I love the opportunity to express my creativity and watch it spark inspiration in others.
(Plus, there’s something immensely satisfying about hitting the “publish” button on a well-crafted post or video.)
5. Being a Facebook admin gives me endless learning opportunities. I’m thankful for the chance to stay up-to-date with the ever-evolving world of social media and digital marketing. This knowledge is not only personally enriching but also beneficial for my professional growth. I can build a community almost anywhere about almost anything!
6. It’s heartwarming to see how our Facebook page can be a source of positivity and support for our community. Every holiday season, there are multiple stories in my group about people in need being helped by their neighbors. The ability to raise awareness for important causes, share heartwarming stories, and help people in need is something I’m truly thankful for.
7. Connection in a digital age: In today’s fast-paced, digitally-driven world, I’m thankful for the ability to connect with people from all corners of the globe. Facebook groups brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, fostering a sense of unity and shared experiences.
So, this Thanksgiving, I’m counting my blessings, and being a Facebook admin is definitely high on my list. It’s a role that brings me joy, connection, and a sense of purpose in the digital age.
I’d like to extend heartfelt thanks to our wonderful communit(ies) for being a part of this journey.
Wishing you all a happy and social media-filled Thanksgiving! 🦃